Cash Sales in AccountingSuite combine the functionality of Sales Invoices and Cash Receipts in one step.
Cash Sales can be used for a point-of-sale system or anywhere the product and the cash exchange hands at the same time. This type of transaction forgoes Accounts Receivable and records directly to the bank or cash on hand account. This can used when AccountingSuite is being utilized as a POS solution.
Recording a Cash Sale
- Click Sales → Cash Sales.
- Click Create.
- Choose a Customer from the drop-down list. The default Bill to and Ship to fields auto-fill.
- Choose a payment Method.
- Choose the Undeposited radio button to indicate the sale is to be recorded to undeposited funds; choose Bank Acct. if the funds were deposited to a bank account. The default Account pre-fills.
- Enter a Check / Ref #.
- Click the More tab and enter a Project, if applicable.
- Click the Memo tab and enter a Memo, if desired.
- Click Save to save a draft or Post and Close to finish the Cash Sale.
Creating a Cash Sale in AccountingSuite™
To view the list of cash receipts that have been previously entered in AccountingSuite™, navigate to Sales → Cash Sales.
Viewing Cash Sale (List View)
From the list view, you can :
- Sort the list by clicking on a column heading.
- View an individual Cash Sale by double clicking any column in the Cash Sale line.
- Find a Cash Sale by clicking Find (see How to Use Find).
- Export the list to excel or other format by clicking the Export to Excel.
Viewing an Individual Cash Sale
Navigate to the list view by clicking Sales → Cash Sales. From the list view, double click a column in the Cash Sale line.
From the individual Cash Sale view you can:
Entering a Cash Sale records the following transactions in the General Journal:
- Debits: Bank Account, Cost of Goods Sold (for inventoried items)
- Credits: Income Account, Inventory (for inventoried items), Tax Payable