Users may create any number of Custom Fields that can be used in various areas of the software including the following objects:
- Company (custom fields may be restricted to Customers only, Vendors only, Employees only or all three)
- Item (custom fields may be restricted to Product Items only or Service Items only or included on both)
- Assembly Build
- Bank Reconciliation
- Bank Transfer
- Bill Payment
- Cash Receipt
- Cash Sale
- Dropship Delivery
- G/L Account
- Inventory Adjustment
- Item Receipt
- Journal Entry
- Lots Adjustment
- Order Closing
- Purchase Order
- Purchase Return
- Sales Order
- Sales Return
- Sales tax payment
- Serial Number Adjustment
- Time Tracking
- Warehouse Transfer
Creating a Custom Field
To create a custom field,
- Navigate to Admin Panel / General Settings and click the Custom Fields link.
- Highlight the object that you want to place a custom field on in the list on the left.
- Click Create / New. The custom field creation screen will appear.
- Enter a name for the custom field. This will become the label for the custom field in the software.
- Check the Make this a required field if you wish for it to be required.
- Choose a value type.
- Boolean will create a checkbox custom field.
- Date will create a date custom field with a date picker widget.
- String will create a free-form field. The maximum characters and field length may be specified.
- Number will create a field that accepts number characters. Number of characters and precision (decimal places) may be specified.
- Address / contact will create a drop-down list of addresses/contacts from your addresses/contacts list.
- Company will create a drop-down list of companies from your company list.
- Custom Value will create the custom field as a drop down. If you choose this type, Click the create button and enter the list of values you would like to appear in the dropdown.
- Country will create the custom field as a drop-down list of Countries that have been entered in the Country list.
- Item will create the custom field as a drop-down list of Items in your inventory.
- Sales People will create the custom field as a drop-down list of sales people in the sales people list.
- Shipping Carrier will create the custom field as a drop-down list of shipping carriers from the shipping carriers list.
- User will create a drop-down list of account users in your account.
- Click OK.
- Some value types have additional formatting options. Click the format link to make changes if desired.
- Enter a tooltip to include a user tooltip that will appear when hovering over the field.
- Click Save and Close.
Using Custom Fields
Custom fields will appear in the appropriate document/object in a new tab called Custom Fields. The name of this tab may be renamed by navigating to More Actions / Change form, highlighting the Custom Fields entry on the left and changing the name in the right pane.
Creating a Custom Field
Last Updated 05/26/2021 - JML
Creating Custom Fields : How to create inventory items with multiple, reportable Custom Fields?
Creating Custom Fields Steps : 1. Navigate to Quick Menu → Settings → General Settings. 2. Under the Custom Fields section click on the Custom Field link. 3. Expand Product folder by clicking the + icon next to it and select Common (for all item ...
Data Import Tool
Importing Data Please note : We are in the process of improving this tool, so you may see some things not mentioned here! There is more detailed documentation in the works. If you are trying to import transactions into Cloud Banking, please see this ...
AccountingSuite™ Release Updates, Imo-Inu 2, Data Import Tool - New for Lists!
AccountingSuite™ Release Update, Imo-Inu 2, Data Import Tool - New! Announcing AccountingSuite™'s rebuilt Data Import Tool for Lists! (Transactions will be coming soon!) Import multiple data import types for Lists in the same import session, using ...
Data Import Tool - New for Lists!
Highlights Explore the new features of our rebuilt Data Import Tool for Lists! (Transactions will be coming soon!) Import multiple data import types for Lists in the same import session, using one or many files - your choice! Example: Import ...
Dashboard Web Services – Data Mapping AccountingSuite provides HTTP (RESTful) services to get common financial and statistical data. You can use these services to work with external BI/Analytics Dashboards, like Zoho Reports, eazyBI, Knowi, Klipfolio ...