Dalmation - Release Notes (April 2014)
Improvements to Customer/Vendor Center
- Deposits and General Journal Entries are now included when viewing customer transactions.
- When creating a new document (invoice, receipt, PO, etc) in the customer center, customer/vendor data is automatically copied to the new document.
- The Create menu is now dynamic and has choices that are only applicable to the customer/vendor highlighted.
- Balances for each Customer/Vendor may now be easily seen by highlighting the customer/vendor in the list.
Feature Additions to Inventory
- The Weighted Average Costing Method is now calculated globally across all locations rather that by each single location.
- A completely redesigned Inventory Adjustment document simplifies adjustments to inventory.
- The new Item Location Lookup button on an item instantly displays location and quantity information for that item.
Sales Tax Overhaul
We’ve completed the overhaul of the Sales Tax functionality and are happy to announce the following features:
- Automatic calculation of sales tax using flexible, user-defined rates.
- Ability to create and apply single or combined sale tax rates.
- Granular control, with the ability to choose whether to apply sales tax on discounts, customers and items on the fly.
- A new Sales Tax Owed instantly shows what sales tax is owed to each agency.
- A new Sales Tax Payment form records the payments made to each agency.
Flexible Document Numbering Expanded
- Applied the new Flexible Document Numbering system to Sales Orders and Sales Invoices. This system was released previously for Purchase Orders, see Chihuahua Release Notes for more information.
- A Salesperson entered on a Sales Order is transferred to a Sales Invoice when using the Generate Sales Order feature.
- Salesperson is now included on Cash Sales.
- Emailed Documents will now appear in the inbox from the Company Name that was entered in Settings.
- Shipping and Discounts have been added to Sales Returns.
- Shipping amounts are now included on emailed documents.
- Multi-currency functionality has been added to Cash Receipts.
- Email history log has been added to Cash Receipts, allowing the user to see the last time (if any) the document was sent and to whom.
- Sales by Sales person Report: with quarterly, yearly, monthly, weekly and daily reporting options.
- Quantity on Hand by Location: A new inventory report that gives to up to date inventory of an item across all locations.
- Inventory Valuation Summary: View average and accounting costs, asset value and retail value instantly. Group Items for inclusion in reports and or just include service items.
- Inventory Item Quick Report: A useful inventory report showing a detailed list of transactions for an item during a given time period.
- Inventory Valuation Detail Report: View all transactions by an item and with running valuation totals and get an instant picture of how well and item is performing over time.
- Inventory Stock Status by Item Report: Easily see availability of an item on a granular level by viewing amount available to promisebased on calculations that consider Purchase Orders and Sales Invoices currently in-flight.
- Cash Based Income Statement for companies using the cash-based accounting method.
- Open Sales by Item: Quickly view open orders by item.
- Open Purchases by Item: Gain more Inventory Control by monitoring incoming items.
- Profit & Loss by Class (accrual-based): Print Profit and Loss statements that break down totals by class.
- A new Budget Report shows how the projected budget compares to the actuals for the given time period.
Improvements to Existing Reports
- A new Sales Invoice setting allows you to attach a copy of the invoice in pdf form when using the Email Invoice feature.
- Drill down functionality has been added to most logical locations in the reports. For example, in the Balance Sheet click the Cost of Good Sold total to see all transactions contributing to the total.
- Added a feature in the Balance Sheet Report to automatically close Net Income to Retained Earnings.
- Added a feature in the Balance Sheet Report to drill down to the Income Statement.
- Accounts Receivable Aging and Accounts Payable Aging reports now show Due Date.
- General Ledger Report now shows sub-accounts.
- Changed the process by which reports are exported into excel, making it much easier and intuitive. Also improved the format of the exported reports.
- Added the ability to Re-generate API Key.
- Connections to Dwolla and Stripe may be removed if desired.
- Item Adjustments has been renamed to Inventory Adjustments.
- In the Chart of Accounts, the (Account) Description field has been renamed to (Account) Name.
- On Purchase documents, Price label has been changed to Cost to more accurately describe the field’s contents.
- Fixed an issue where under certain conditions inventory items might have a negative inventory balance.
- Fixed an issue with duplicate transactions appearing for some banks in Cloud Banking.
- Fixed an issue that prevented using multiple email addresses when emailing documents.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect Currency symbols appearing on printed documents.
- Fixed an issue where under certain circumstances the Charge with Stripe feature would not function properly in Cash Receipts.
- Fixed an issue in the Chart of Accounts that would produce an error when deleting an account.
- Fixed an issue where certain fields were not copied when generating an invoice from time tracking records.
- Fixed an issues where pre-payment on sales order wasn’t calculating properly.
French Bulldog 2 Release Notes
AccountingSuite™ Release Updates New Features Reports and more! We listen to our customers. You wanted it and we have brought it back... the previous version of the Income Statement! Now you have a standard version AND a comparative, variance ...
Beagle - Release Notes (March 2014)
New Features Enhanced Cloud Banking! Assign a project, a customer / vendor and a G/L account to a transaction downloaded from a bank – all in the same screen. Customer and Vendor Balances! Easily view customer and vendor balances right from the ...
French Bulldog 3 Release Notes
AccountingSuite™ Release Updates New Features Reports and more! Similar to the options and functionality of the Income Statement reports - we now have both Balance Sheet Standard and Balance Sheet Comparative reports! For basic reporting features the ...
Chihuahua - Release Notes (Late March 2014)
Expanded Classes! Classes may now be used on individual document lines and have also been added to Timetracking Deposits and Bills now record Classes. Reporting Enhancements! The income statement and balance sheet reports now show sub-accounts in ...
Harrier - Release Notes (November 2014)
New Features Automatic Sales Tax Calculation – Our certified integration with the Avalara AvaTax product simplifies sales tax calculation. This new integration dynamically delivers instantaneous sales tax decisions based on precise geo-location in ...