Payment Terms appear on Sales Invoices and are completely customize-able. To help you get started, we’ve added the following terms:
- Due on Receipt
- Net 30
- Net 15
You may create, edit or delete as many other payment terms as needed.
Entering Payment Terms
- Navigate to Lists → Payment Terms
- Click Create.
- Enter a Description which will appear on the printed, emailed and on-screen Payment Terms field.
- Enter a number in the Days field.
- Enter an early payment discount* amount , if applicable (optional)
- Enter the number of days* the early payment discount will apply. (optional)
- Click Save to save or Save and Close to finish the Payment Term.
Entering a new Payment Term
The number entered in the Days field is used to calculate the Due Date on the Sales Invoice and represents the number of days from the Invoice Date. Entering a zero in this field would result in the Due Date being equal to the Invoice Date.