Overview and Features
Using Cloud Commerce, connect your Sales Channel to your online store or eCommerce aggregator/shipping manager, ShipStation. Watch orders come from your website and automatically record themselves as sales orders, shipments, invoices and cash receipts in AccountingSuite™.
- Order, shipping, inventory and payment information automatically flow into AccountingSuite™
- Data is placed in a staging area where matching is performed to ensure you don't end up with duplicate products, customers and orders.
- Orders can be reviewed and approved before hitting your books.
Connecting to AccountingSuite™ to ShipStation or Square
Before connecting AccountingSuite™ to ShipStation, you should have your eCommerce selling channels (eBay, Amazon, Magento, etc) connected to ShipStation and be familiar with how to process orders in ShipStation . For more information about ShipStation, please visit their support site.
It's also important to understand when the orders come in to AccountingSuite™ from ShipStation - It is after you have shipped your order in ShipStation that the integration pulls in the data to .AccountingSuite™. This may change your normal workflow a bit - Since the orders are coming in from your website, you may have already shipped them and collected payment before the order ever makes it into AccountingSuite.
Once you have connected your eCommerce selling channels in ShipStation, you are ready to connect .AccountingSuite™. The video below describes the process to integrate the two.
Working with Orders from eCommerce Stores
As orders flow in from your web stores there are carefully compared to existing orders, products and customers. All orders, products and customers will appear the Cloud Commerce Dashboard where the comparison process takes place. If matches found, they will be labeled as "Match". If an existing product, customer or order is not found, AccountingSuite™ will tag them as "New". Either way, all orders, products and customers need to be approved before they are entered in AccountingSuite™. Why? So that you don't end up with a bunch of duplicate customers, orders and items.
The approval process can be done in several different ways, but the final result is determining if the orders, products and customers are new or matches and then approving them either individually or in batch. See the figure below for an example.
(1) Choose the Store to work with from this drop down down menu. Add a new store by clicking Add Store.
(2) Use these tabs to navigate through the different types of order components to approve. If approving separately start with Products, then Customers and then Orders. All components may be approved from the orders tab by clicking the highlighted links which have components not yet matched or added.
(3) The Order List. This is your to do list. Look to see which orders need to have Customer and Products matched or added and choose the appropriate choice from the list. In the example below, all products that have come in on orders have already been matched by the system to products in AccountingSuite™ (6). Customers have also already been matched (5). The only action needed below is to add the new orders (with the exception of order 126 which exists in AccountingSuite™ but has an update. To do that, check the Check Select All button (below #2), click Batch Actions button and then choose Approve. At this point, all Order will be entered into AccountingSuite™, shipments will be created (see (7), they came in as shipped) and cash receipts will be created (see 7, all were marked as paid). Orders will be removed from this list once approved.
The Cloud Commerce User Interface
Note the toggle below in the red square. This allows you to switch between orders that are fully matched and ready for approval and those that have some components not yet matched. The red arrows point at indicators of work needing to be done. The green rectangle show a customer on an order that matches with a customer in .AccountingSuite™. in the case below the order 138 has an item on it that does not match with an item in AccountingSuite™. Click the link to view the item and either manually match it with an existing item in your inventory (if one exists) or add it as a new item. This whole process is done so that you don't end up with duplicate customers, orders or products.
If you click "0/1 are approved" in the image above, a pop-up window will allow you to the check possible matches (1) or add it as a new item in your inventory (2)
Once the products customers and Orders have been either matched or marked as new, Click the Approve button and the Order will be brought into .AccountingSuite™. The order will be created and if shipped, a shipment will be created. If payment was accepted on the website, an invoice and cash receipt will be created.