Getting Started Step 2 - Settings
Entering Company Information
The Contact Info tab contains information about your company. Elements such as address and phone that are on printed documents like sales invoices and purchases orders get their values from the information entered here. When emailing documents, the email address here becomes the “From” address.
This is also the place to upload your company logo (should be square, 167 x 167 pixels is ideal). This is the logo that is used when printing any order, invoice or receipt.
Note: There is no save button in Settings. When you tab out of a field, the system saves your changes. Depending on your internet connection and computer configuration, you may notice a small delay when tabbing through fields.
Add your company logo on the log tab. The logo here will print on emailed and printed documents in AccountingSuite™. To upload a logo,
- Click Upload Logo. An upload form will appear.
- Click Choose File and chose the logo image file from your computer.
- Click Save.
Setting up the company logo image file in Settings
This tab contains system wide feature settings.
- If desired, enable Multi-currency.You may also add new currencies by clicking the Add Currency link. Note: once this feature is enabled it cannot be disabled! Use with caution.
- Set the number of Quantity Field Decimal point Places the system will use (up to 4). This will be used if your service or product based items are bought or sold in fractional quantities (i.e. 1.5 hours or 45.4563 pounds)
- Set the number of decimals for Price Precision (up to 4) – this will be used if your company charges or purchases items or services in fractional quantities with greater than 2 decimal precision (i.e you charge $56.234 for 1 lb of filet mignon)
- Include the following emails in all cc fields. Enter email addresses that you wish to automatically be copied on all outgoing emailed documents like invoices and orders.
- Display Order Indicators adds two columns in Sales Orders and Purchases orders that gives a quick visual view of the status of all orders in the list view. Check the checkbox to enable.
- Click the Custom Fields link to create custom fields for Customers, Vendors, Product Items or Service Items.
General Settings tab on Settings
Print Form Settings
Customize the print forms here by choosing elements to print on the form, adding terms / notes and customizing the footer with three sections that can hold either images or text.
With print form customization, each print form in AccountingSuite™ may be customized to fit a company’s specific needs. In addition to a logo, there are several other customization options available.
- Ability to print or suppress the printing of document specific items such as mobile number, email address, fax number, tax ID, etc.
- Three footer columns that may have images, text or a combination of both.
- Sales quotes, sales invoices, sales orders, cash receipts, cash sales, and purchase orders, also include the ability to customize the printed and emailed documents with Terms and Conditions text, a thank you note, or any other static text that will be included each time the document is printed.
- The documents that my be customized include Sales Quotes, Sales Orders, Sales Invoices, Cash Receipts, Cash Sales, Purchase Orders, Customer Statements, Assemblies and Shipments.
Customize a print form (Previous Version) :
- Navigate to Quick Menu → Settings → Click the Print Form Setup tab on the left side.
- Click User Print Template (Previous Version).
- Choose the form that you’d like to customize from the list.
- To include or suppress information from printing on the document, click the appropriate checkboxes next to the item.
- To customize the footer, first choose footer position (left, middle or right). Then choose the type of customization (text or image).
- Type the text or click upload to include a image in that section.
- Repeat step 5 for the other footer positions, if desired.
- Type any Terms / Conditions or notes to appear on the document.
- Click Save and Close.
The documents that may be customized include Sales Quotes, Sales Orders, Sales Invoices, Cash Receipts, Cash Sales, Purchase Orders, Statements, Assemblies and Shipments.
See the figure below for an example Sales Quote that outlines the areas available for customization. The areas highlighted in yellow indicate fields that may be included or suppressed during printing.
A Customized Quotes Print Form (Previous Version)
Customizing Print Forms using Print Form Templates (Default Version) :
AccountingSuite’s Print Forms can be customized to fit the needs of your business. Each print form type has a default template which can copied and modified to :
- Add/Remove Fields
- Change Field Labels
- Add or move images
- Add text
- Change formatting
The following forms contain two templates, one for product sales and one for service sales:
- Sales Quotes
- Sales Orders
- Sales Invoices
Print form templates may also be created from scratch.
Each time you print a document, you are able to choose the template that the system will use when printing the document. Each document can have multiple templates that are customized based on the situation. The system comes with a default template that you can use as a base when creating the print forms for your company.
To learn more about advanced Print Form Template customization, click this LINK.
Print Form Template List
In the Sales Settings section, you'll have the setting to enable Shipment, Consignment, Dropshipping and Sale Tax. You can also set you Sales Default Accounts.
- If your company will be using the Shipping document, check the checkbox. This document records an order that was shipped.
- Set the requested default accounts listed below to an account from your Chart of Accounts. These are the accounts that will be entered in the account by default (these can always be changed for each situation). An existing account may be chosen or a new one may be created on-the-fly. You may wish to consult with your CPA or bookkeeper before doing this.
- Accounts Receivable
- Tax Payable
- Shipping Income
- Discounts and Allowances
- Prepayment Accounts Receivable
- Sales Tax Settings. Choose between our built in module or use the automatic calculation using Avalara’s AvaTax.
In Purchases Settings, you can indicate if you want to use Item Receipts, Copy Dropship Print Options from SO to PO or to Allow Landed Cost and set your Purchases Default Account.
In this section, you can define the Default Units of Measure set, Item weight, enable Multi-location, enable Assembly and Lots/Serial Numbers. You can also allow Backordering and set your default Inventory Accounts.
- If desired, enable Multi-location. Note: once this feature is enabled it cannot be disabled! Use with caution.
- If your company manufactures items and will be using AccountingSuite’s Assembly features, check the Assembly checkbox.
- If you wish to track lots and/or serial numbers, check the Lots / Serial Numbers checkbox.
- Set the default Unit of Measure that will be used if another is not specified. This setting is set to Each by default.
In Bank Settings, you'll have an option to allow Duplicate Check Numbers, to use Categorization Rules of importing Cloud Banking transactions, or to set and use an Amount threshold. Default Bank accounts can be set here as well.
- Allow duplicate check numbers. Check this box to turn off duplicate check number validation. AccountingSuite will not allow for the entry of a check number that has already been used.
- Manage Categorization Rules in Cloud Banking. This allows you to manage the creation of rules in Cloud Banking that will teach the system how to automatically categorize transactions with a vendor and an account. Checking this box is a good idea for new accounts as the system won’t have the knowledge at first on how to code your transactions. Once you have rules created, this may be turned off and Cloud Banking will be on auto-pilot!
- Default Accounts. Set the bank account you’d like to have pre-filled on transactions as well as the account to be used for undeposited funds. These accounts may be changed on a per transaction basis.
Because AccountingSuite™ is cloud-based, additional users can be created easily without the need to install additional software. You may create as many users as you need, but check our pricing page for how many active users your account includes. An active user is one that is signed in to the software.
To create a new user :
- Navigate to Quick Menu → User List.
- Click Add.
- Enter the user’s Email, Name, Title, and Phone
- If the users will be an administrator of for your company, check the Administrator checkbox. This role has full rights plus the ability to manage other users.
- Check Reports Only to restrict the user to viewing Reports.
- For each module of the software, check the access you wish to grant to the user: Full Access, View Only or No Rights.
- Click Save to save and continue working or Save and Close to finish the user.
The user will receive an activation email once created. This email will contain a link that will allow the new user to create a password and login to the software.
Default Posting of Accounts
These accounts are used in various situations in the software and may be changed on individual documents.
Set the following default posting accounts to use when another account has not been specified:
- Undeposited Funds
- Cost of Goods Sold (COGS)
- Tax Payable
- Shipping Income
- Discounts and Allowances
- Exchange gain or loss
- Other current liability
- Inventory Received Not Yet Billed
To select the account, choose it from the drop-down list. If the account does not exist, it may be created by choosing show all from the drop down list and clicking Create.