In order to track time, the following tasks must be complete:
- Navigate to Projects / Timetracking → Timetracking.
- Click Create.
- The logged in user pre-fills in the User field. Change if needed.
- Choose a Customer from the drop-down list.
- Choose a Class. (optional)
- Choose a Task.
- The Hourly Rate is populated from the item record. Change if needed.
- Enter the Hours.
- Check the Billable checkbox if you wish to include this time on a future invoice and to appear in the costs on reports.
- Type a Description to appear on the invoice.
If there is an existing sales order for this work, you may click the Link Sales Order button. A list of open sales order will be listed in a popup. Choose the Sales Order and click Save.
From the Timetracking List view, click the Multi-entry to enter multiple lines against the same project / customer. Enter the User, Customer Project, Class, Task and Price once and click Add to enter multiple Dates, Hours and Descriptions. Click Create Entries to create.